Brought to you by Sunny King Honda
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:09:51 EST A corporation that holds several pest control companies recently released a list of U.S. cities ranked according the number of bed bug treatments performed from January to December 2011 (see below). The numbers in the parentheses reflect shifts in the rankings, compared to January to December 2010.
The number of bed bug infestations has skyrocketed in recent years. Scientists speculate that the discontinuation of harmful pesticides, such as DDT, has allowed the pests to thrive and that increased world travel has spread them.
'To determine the presence of bed bugs, EMSL Analytical conducts DNA testing, which gives the most accurate and inexpensive results,' states Charles Li, Ph.D., Director of PCR and DNA Analysis at EMSL. 'Furthermore, we can analyze the samples and deliver the results within the same day, so people can begin fighting them as soon as possible.'
Cities with the Highest Number of Requested Bed Bug Treatments
3. Detroit (+1)
4. Denver (+2)
5. Los Angeles (+20)
6. Columbus, Ohio (-3)
7. Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas (+43)
8. Washington, D.C. (-3)
9. New York (-2)
10. Richmond/Petersburg, Va. (+6)
11. Houston (-1)
12. San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, Calif. (+35)
13. Cleveland/Akron/Canton, Ohio (+1)
14. Boston (+4)
15. Dayton, Ohio (-7)
16. Las Vegas (-1)
17. Honolulu (+55)
18. Baltimore (-6)
19. Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville, N.C. (+9)
20. Philadelphia (-9)
21. Atlanta (+24)
22. Lexington, Ky. (-13)
23. Syracuse, N.Y. (+25)
24. Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (+27)
25. Colorado Springs/Pueblo, Colo. (+19)
26. San Diego (+13)
27. Seattle/Tacoma, Wash. (-3)
28. Omaha, Neb. (-11)
29. Buffalo, N.Y. (-16)
30. Pittsburgh (-3)
31. Indianapolis (-12)
32. Milwaukee (+6)
33. Charlotte, N.C. (+13)
34. Phoenix (+19)
35. Louisville, Ky. (-3)
36. Hartford/New Haven, Conn. (-16)
37. Grand Junction/Montrose, Colo. (+30)
38. Knoxville, Tenn. (+4)
39. Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, Mich. (-17)
40. Nashville, Tenn. (+15)
41. Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto, Calif. (+24)
42. Des Moines/Ames, Iowa (-13)
43. Salisbury, Md. (+46)
44. Albany/Schenectady/Troy, N.Y. (-23)
45. Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, Iowa (-22)
46. Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn. (-20)
47. Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney, Neb. (-17)
48. Salt Lake City (-8)
49. Charleston/Huntington, W.Va. (-13)
50. West Palm Beach/Ft. Pierce, Fla. (+6)
For more information on EMSL's testing services, please contact EMSL at (800) 220-3675, visit www.EMSL.com, or email info@EMSL.com.
About EMSL Analytical, Inc.
EMSL Analytical is the nation's leading testing laboratory with over 30 locations throughout the United States and Canada. EMSL is a nationally recognized and locally focused provider specializing in consumer product, environmental, industrial hygiene, indoor air quality, microbiology, radon, food and materials testing services to professionals and the general public. EMSL maintains an extensive list of accreditations from leading organizations, as well as state and federal regulating bodies including—but not limited to—A2LA, AIHA EMLAP, AIHA IHLAP, AIHA ELLAP, NVLAP, CDC Elite, CPSC, CA ELAP, NY ELAP, TX DOH, and NJDEP. Please visit our website at www.EMSL.com for a complete listing of accreditations.
A corporation that holds several pest control companies recently released a list of U.S. cities ranked according the number of bed bug treatments performed from January to December 2011 (see below). The numbers in the parentheses reflect shifts in the rankings, compared to January to December 2010.